The final "book" of the Christian Bible’s New Testament is "Revelation" – a vision of the end of world and "Judgement Day", or, perhaps, an obscured, euphamistic pep-talk for the new Christian communities struggling under Roman rule. At the beginning of Revelation, a celestial being admonishes & advises seven "churches" (communities of Christians rather than buildings)
1. Ephesus (Selcuk) : local; easy
2. Smyrna (Izmir) : public transport to Izmir, then taxis
3. Sardis (Sart) + Philadelphia (Alasehir) by private transport
4. Pergamum (Bergama) + Thyatira (Akhisar) by private transport
5. Laodicea (Goncali, Denizli)
by taxi or private tour.
- All can be reached from Kusadasi.
- If using Kusadasi as a base and using private transport, it can take up to 5 days to visit all Seven locations .
- Public transport is available but takes much longer.
- Regular tours are available but usually have minimum number requirements. "Off season" this may be difficult to achieve.
- Private tours are available. Please click here
Read more about Seven Churches